PedalArt Des Moines 2012 Call For Artists
Submission Deadline: Saturday, February 25, 2012
PedalArt Des Moines is announcing a call for artists for our 2012 bicycle poster art show. PedalArt Des Moines is a local show of bicycle-inspired poster artwork that introduces people to talented local artists and sends them home with affordable, original works of art.
Working closely with the creators of the national ARTCRANK event, PedalArt Des Moines 2012 will feature posters created by local artists from our great state of Iowa. We are excited to be bringing this event completely local, and are looking forward to our inaugural 2012 show. Admission is always free, and posters are priced to let everybody take home at least one. We are using creativity to change how people look at and think about bicycles, and grow the cycling and art communities.
• 30+ local Artists design and print posters
• Artists make 30 copies of every poster available for sale
• All posters sell for $40 each
• The event will take place throughout the first weekend in May 2012
• PedalArt takes a commission of poster sales (30%)
• PedalArt is a program of the Des Moines Bicycle Collective, part of the annual Bike Month activities in May
– Please read through the attached PDF artist agreement.
– Please submit 3-5 jpg images (or electronic portfolio) of your work to Michelle@instinctgallery.com with the subject line ‘PedalArt Submission’.
– Please fill out artist agreement (attached) and submit along with artwork samples.
– All submissions must be received, through email, by Saturday February 25 to be considered.
– All artists will be notified if they have been selected for the PedalArt 2012 show by Monday, February 27, 2012.
– By submitting, all artists agree to create unique, original bicycle themed poster artwork for the 2012 show.
Download agreement here.
Instinct Gallery is currently searching for a new home. Stay tuned!
Instinct Gallery is committed to providing a space for the underground and pop-surrealist art movements that are continuously growing throughout the country. We are excited to promote this new generation of artists, giving them the space they need to expose others in the community to this form of art and create awareness and a collector base necessary for long-term growth.
Our goal is to provide original and new artwork for the community, promoting growth and acceptance of the new generation of artists and styles that will push the boundaries and provoke thought of all who view it.
**We are currently curating Cuatro on Walnut and 4th Street. Stay tuned for a permanent home soon!
Instinct Gallery will have twelve new shows annually.
All of our submissions are taken online. If you are interested in showing at Instinct Gallery, and you feel that your work fits the themes and styles we are representing, please use our contact us.